Re: [OPE-L] Marxist Political Economy in Australia Since the Mid 1970s

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU)
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 10:42:28 EDT

At 7:26 AM -0700 4/5/05, B.R.Bapuji wrote:

>Can we refer to Marx's economic analysis as Marxist Political
>Economy since the subheading of Marx's 'Capital' is 'A critique of
>Political Economy'?
>Is it not necessary to call Marx's theory of economics with a different name?
>Ranganayakamma

Dear Ranganayakamma,

I know that David Laibman and Paul Cockshott have read your three
volume introduction to Marx's Capital. David's Science and Society
review was critical from the view point (if I remember correctly)
modern economic methods.  May I say that I found them analytically
meticulous, insightful, and of the greatest service in my attempts to
relate the  ideas of Marx's life long work. I do have some
disagreements about how you handle Marx's crisis theory and the
question of the operationn of fiat monies.

Yours, Rakesh