Re: [OPE-L] Why aren't non-labourers sources of value?

From: Andrew Brown (A.Brown@LUBS.LEEDS.AC.UK)
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 08:48:06 EDT

Hi Paul,

Sorry I'm going to have to duck out of the detailed discussion needed on
this one. So in (probably unhelpful) 'sound-bite' form the main problem
appears to be that your (5) presupposes capitalist firms, hence
capitalism, survives, hence that profits exist. Hence it appears to
presuppose what the argument 1-5 is intended to explain.

Other problems (at least for me):

- I don't know what a 'unitary rotation operator on amplitude space' is

- Exchange is a value conserving process. Yes, but surplus value occurs
through, inter alia, exchange! Oh dear, here is a contradiction. So I
can 'match' the difficulty of your 'unitary rotation operator' with the
blatant, yet true (dialectical), contradiction that surplus value must
occur both within and without the sphere of exchange.

Many thanks

Andy