Re: [OPE-L] On recent events in London and elsewhere

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Thu Jul 14 2005 - 12:28:44 EDT

Don't we have a member (or members) in Leeds?  What's it like
there?  Had the 'terrorists' come from my community in New
York City, I can tell you that it would be locked-down and
under police occupation.  But, maybe that's a difference
between the situation 'there' and 'here'?  To what extent will
this event further empower Blair and his 'Labour' (!) agenda?

The popular response in London to the events there are quite
different -- it seems to me from afar -- to the reaction of
people in Madrid after the events there.  Why is that?  Shouldn't
it be obvious to everyone that the events in London are
connected to the war against Iraq?

In solidarity, Jerry
Belfast, Maine