Re: [OPE-L] ISMT Conference in July on Marx and MEGA 2

From: Riccardo Bellofiore (riccardo.bellofiore@UNIBG.IT)
Date: Thu May 11 2006 - 12:32:18 EDT

At 9:02 -0700 11-05-2006, Rakesh Bhandari wrote:
>Hi Riccardo,
>Did Enrique Dussel (who wrote a book on the 61-63 mss), Paresh
>Chattopadhyay (whose Marxology
>is wide ranging indeed),  Jairus Banaji (who has
>worked on the problems of real
>subsumption for decades) and others turn down invitations? Or were
>they not invited?
>Rakesh

Dear Rakesh,

no, they were not invited.

This is an ISMT conference. We have two kinds of format:

- the usual one; only the 8 participants to the ISMT, half day for each paper.

- an enlarged one like this, where we have more participants, like here. 14.

We still want to have a lot of discussion in the
second format, so I choose to have no more than 2
each half day.

Those who are invited depends on the place and the theme.

The place is Italy, and I wanted to invite some
Italian scholars, philosophers, e.g. Finelli,
Fineschi, Tomba etc.

The topic of the conference is linked to the MEGA
2 and the German debates, so I wanted Germans
like Heinrich, Roth, Hecker, etc.

Also because I wanted that these people and
topics have more space in publications in
English, most of them are not yet regular
participants in the debate.

The people you quote are excellent and I have the highest esteem for them.

riccardo

--
Riccardo Bellofiore
Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche