Re: [OPE-L] Statement by the AC

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2006 - 05:33:47 EST

You should have showed me this clearly incorrect
statement offlist so I could have commented on
it. You would have then spared me the need to
talk about it on list.

>We think the following statements by Rakesh fit this description of a flame:
>
>“This is after all a list in which its moderator is more concerned to
>get right the nature of elephant treatment than the character of New
>World slavery, a list member rallies to the defense of the white
>farmers of Zimbabwe, a list member refers to Negros and the different
>human races.”
>
>“The diversity of this list is not surprising--is it, Mr Moderator?”
>
>These comments were “deliberately hostile and insulting”.  They were
>not intended to “clarify the discussion”, but instead were intended to
“upset and offend” Jerry.

You guys are wrong. I complained about Paul C's
reference to Negros and races--I find this
hostile and insulting. That is, I feel flamed in
terms of racial comments on this list and I was
outraged by the mobilization of black Zimbabweans
on this list by the mis use of poll data.

I am informing you people about the hostile
climate many people are creating on this list.
You are not thankful.

  I complained about the climate on this list in
which statements which do read as racist insults
and cavalier statements about rape can be made
without any awareness of how offensive they are.

Why is there no AC comment against citing studies
that have clearly not been read just because one
is too stubborn to admit that he is wrong and
begins to mobilize any and all kinds of claims so
as not to admit grave error? This was Jerry's
modus operandi. He made grave errors in regards
to primitive communism and dolphin rape, and is
clearly incapable of admitting that. He cannot
admit error.

My posts against Jerry's comments on primitive
communists and dolphin rape have never been
responded to directly. That says it all.

I am surprised that Allin, Fred and Alejandro
would sign on to this. If you want to have an
argument, let's have it.

Let's have it in public.

As for Ajit, this is a very sad joke. After
saying that he did not want to talk to me, he
used my spat with Jerry as a reason to flame me,
calling me incompetent and so forth. After that,
my responses were defensive vis a vis his clear
flame bait. I shall not honor his request because
he has clearly talked about me. I shall show when
appropriate that his understanding of Marx is not
as profound as thinks it is.

And if Jerry makes racist comments again and
wildly distorts the findings of studies in his
attempt never to admit grave error on very
important topics, I shall not be silent.

You may unsub me at that point.

Rakesh