Re: [OPE-L] The Specter Haunting "Marxian Economics"

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Mon Oct 22 2007 - 14:04:25 EDT

>> My
>>purpose with this e-mail was to say that Kliman
>>and Freeman define them as Marxist scholars, not
>>otherwise as I understood Jerry.

Hi Dogan:

Thanks for the clarification.  I didn't really understand
beforehand what you were getting at. In any event, you
misunderstood what I was saying. Anders said that F&K were Marxist
economists.  *In fairness to F&K*, I corrected him on that point.
Kliman especially has over a period of many years explictly and
vehemently denied being a Marxian economist or Marxist economist.
Indeed, he has (in print, in many different articles) heaped scorn
on the "Marxian economists".  He advocates what he calls "Marx's
Marxism"  rather than any particular kind of Marxian economic theory.
This is an important distinction according to _his_ perspective.

One such paper "The Specter Haunting 'Marxian Economics'" is
*attached*.  *It is a reply to the article by Gary M.*.

In solidarity, Jerry