Re: [OPE-L] Incoherence of the TSSI - consensus?

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Mon Oct 22 2007 - 16:44:26 EDT

> But there is more to that particular story for those interested

Anders:

There is more to that particular story than appears on Kliman's web
pages, but you don't want to hear my side about that.  So I won't
tell you. I will say that so long as there are pages like that at his
web site there will be continuing controversies and I expect they
will spill over here from time to time.

> But still I think that Kliman and Freeman is not worse than others in
> a) logic b) representing the views of their opponents views c)
> clarifying their own concepts.

There is lots of evidence to the contrary but you don't want to hear
about that either.  You just want to make an assertion - which imo can
not stand up to scrutiny.

> That is way I react to Jerry's unprovoked introduction (for the
> second time) of such topics on OPE-L. They do more harm than good.

You are wrong about that. I didn't raise the issue of the TSSI this Fall.
Others did. I simply changed the titles in the subject line from time to
time.

> So Jerry, if you have a war to fight with Kliman and Freeman on such
> themes, do it in those arenas where you are attacked. Not here.

I have been attacked here, as you - of all people - well know.

> Let's now proceed to discuss if there are any valid points in the
> TSSI-approach.

I already dealt with that in my reply to Fred.

In solidarity, Jerry