Re: [OPE-L] "Truthiness" and the TSSI

From: Anders Ekeland (anders.ekeland@ONLINE.NO)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2007 - 16:37:49 EDT

At 15:31 23.10.2007, Jerry wrote:
> >> I could add that the paper and the presentation of Kliman at the 2006
> > AHE conference in London was not done the way I would have done it if
> > to further the TSSI cause.
>
><Sigh>
>
>It just keeps getting worse and worse: see paper he presented at the
>2007 AHE conference:
>
>"THE WHIGGISH FOUNDATION OF MARXIAN AND SRAFFIAN ECONOMICS"
>
>If you are wondering about the meaning of "whiggish", see:
><http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiggish_historiography>

But have you actually read that paper Jerry? I do not think it
confirms your prognosis that it is just getting worse and worse.
Kliman has a certain polemical style, but if you do not let yourself
be provoked by that, there is a lot of substantial arguments in that
paper, given the premiss that Marx was not an equilibrium theorist,
i.e. to judge him from a gen.eq. point of view is unfair, do not
grasp his methodological paradigm.

Regards
Anders