Re: [OPE-L] class theory

From: Ian Wright (wrighti@ACM.ORG)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2007 - 15:10:12 EDT

> it must be
> demonstrated rather than merely asserted and must be a component
> part of a scientific critique.

Now that we agree it is OK to claim that a theory represents
particular class interests the discussion is back on track.

My claim was not "merely asserted", I gave a reason: Sraffa's theory
is "even handed" in the sense that it attempts to deny the logical
possibility of any theory of economic value, be it  marginalism or the
labour theory of value.

I of course strongly object to you associating my use of the method of
historical materialism with the murderous history of Stalinism vs.
Trotskyism vs. Anarchism, and the implication  that the method of
historical materialism necessarily leads to such outcomes. It reminds
me that you also once objected to my labeling of post-modernism as
"anti-Marxist" along similar lines. All I can say is that you are
projecting all kinds of unpleasant nonsense onto me, and I want
nothing to do with it.