Re: [OPE] Alexander Cockburn on carbon catastrophism

From: Michael Perelman (michael@ecst.csuchico.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2008 - 12:12:42 EST

Patrick's note reminded me of something I posted to my blog a few months ago.

I proposed that the best form of sequestration would be to build up the fertility of
the soil, which depends upon the formation of humus.  Modern agriculture -- remember
Jerry's post from yesterday -- destroys the humus, releasing massive amounts of
carbon.

http://michaelperelman.wordpress.com/2007/10/02/quick-thoughts-on-carbon-sequestration/

--
Michael Perelman