Re: [OPE] Is 'dialectic' a scientific, pre-scientific or pseudo-scientific concept?

From: dogangoecmen@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 02 2008 - 11:47:20 EDT

 Dave Z suggests to replace the concept of dialectic as such. This is what I was opposing. What you seem to suggest to replace is just a formal one, namely the title. But I do not see the reason or necessity for this change. The term dialectics a overall term describing a general concept of the world. The concept of contradiction is a core concept as Hegel, Marx, Engels and Lenin pointed out. But dialectics is not just about contradiction. It contains also the concept of identity and many others. So prefer to stick to our overall term Dialectics to refer to a particular approach in natural and social scieces, and epistemology, in short, in the disciplines of *Sein* and *Bewusstsein*.

But I do not understand what you mean by the last sentence of your post: "The idea of
'dynamic' or 'change' don't point to this 'motor'." May I ask you to expound on that a bit please.

Dogan