Re: [OPE] Fwd: How to read Capital

From: dogangoecmen@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 04 2008 - 06:24:36 EDT

Paul,

"My view is that the social division of labour involves a situation where
different people work for substantial periods on different tasks and become
skilled in these: weavers, potters, carpenters etc as such it predates the
separation of labour from the means of production."

        This is usually described as technical division of labour rather than
        social division labour.

"A social division of labour can exist under multiple different relations
of prodution, some of which are commodity producing ones and some not."

        Fine, but we are talking about modern form of social division of labour.

"The social division of labour is a precondition of commodity production, the
separation of the producers from the means of production is not."

        The first and second half of the sentence refer to the same thing.

Dogan