Re: [OPE] member names

From: Gerald Levy <jerry_levy@verizon.net>
Date: Wed Oct 01 2008 - 03:31:01 EDT

> I usually use the last name of OPE’s members because some of us share the same
> first name. So I want to avoid confusions about who is the addressee of my e-mails.
> M. Williams: “There is no formal contradiction between market failure and the equalization
> of price and marginal cost.”

>>> (Putting on my coordinator's hat) <<<

Hi Alejandro:

While it's not a rule, listmembers are encouraged to use first (personal) names
when referring to each other. It encourages a more informal and comradely tone
for our discussions. If there's more than one person with the same first name
(for example, Paul), you can either just use the first name in the belief that
anyone who has been following the thread will know which member (Paul) you
are addressing or referring to _or_ you can qualify it with the first letter of
the last name (e.g. Paul C).

What's important to keep in mind is that we are a society of comrades (equals).