[OPE] Some new stats/spins on the financial crisis

From: Patrick Bond <pbond@mail.ngo.za>
Date: Tue Oct 14 2008 - 13:12:52 EDT

http://www.nu.ac.za/ccs/default.asp?2,68,3,1605

These are the stats I've found most compelling in reviewing the two IMF
reports on global finance, just released.

Note that we're grappling with getting a synthesis and conclusion, not
just here in Caracas with the World Forum of Alternatives comrades
(where Samir Amin is leading a three-day seminar), but more generally.

Your inputs are very welcome.

Patrick

PS, as this material is mainly at the epiphenomenal level, a couple of
other riffs on how the deeper economic crisis developed, and how it
affects Africa, are here:
http://www.nu.ac.za/ccs/default.asp?11,61,3,1624
http://www.ukzn.ac.za/ccs/files/Microsoft%20PowerPoint%20-%20Bond%20IFG%207%20October.pdf