RE: [OPE] Invention, Inventors, and the Productivity of Labor

From: GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com>
Date: Thu Nov 13 2008 - 16:38:51 EST

> Maybe you, as Jerry and other fellows in this list, are thinking in a rewarding
> system feasible only in one or two thousand years ahead, when our morality
> has changed radically and nobody wanted to take somebody else for a ride.

Hi Alejandro:

I don't know what the morality of people in different cultures will be in fifty
years time - let alone 1,000 - 2,000 years from now! - and *neither do you*.
You are simply assuming, as far as I can tell, that the moral and ethical beliefs
(or lack thereof) of today will continue indefinitely into the future. I am
of the belief, though, that with changed material conditions and modes of
production come changes in social consciousness.