RE: [OPE] Venezuela is the most democratic country in Latin America

From: GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com>
Date: Thu Mar 05 2009 - 07:58:25 EST

Alejandro:

Diego has already pointed out that _El Pais_ is *by no means* a

reliable source on any matter related to Chavez, the Bolivarian

movement, and Venezuelan politics. The fact that they supported

the 2002 coup is *proof* of this! So, in the end, we see *your*

lack of a **critical attitude** since you accept on faith any *negative*

stories about Chavez and related questions *regardless* of the source.

On the other hand, you simply dismiss any stories which report

positively on actions by the Chavez government as being

biased: it is *your own double standards* which have become

transparent.

How is it possible that a newspaper which supported the overthrow

of democratic institutions is able to remain in business with the same

people in ownership and control? I have *no doubt* that if there was

a failed coup in the USA, then all of the major supporters would be

imprisoned and any newspapers which had supported the coup would

be banned or taken-over by the government. The fact that _El Pais_

is free to openly publish and circulate its fabrications is *still more

PROOF* that *VENEZUELA IS THE MOST DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY IN

LATIN AMERICA*! If you do not see this, it should be clear to all that

it is because of your own double standards and lack of a critical

attitude.

In solidarity, Jerry