Re: [OPE] Britain--parasitic and decaying capitalism: A comment

From: D. Göçmen <dogangoecmen@aol.com>
Date: Wed Dec 30 2009 - 07:25:36 EST

Paul C:
But look at these points: the tendancy towards centralisation of capital is
general not specifically imperialist, and such centralisation as is now occuring
via multi-national companies fits in better with Kautskys ultra imperialism than
Hobsons model, albeit that the criticism of Kautsky in 1916 was valid then.
 Dogan:
Paul C, you don't read carefully enough what people say. Who on the list made a claim that centralisation of capital is specific to imperialism?
Any first year student of political economy may know that. The point is that in the imperialist stage of capitalism centralisation reached a new point that brings about some fundamental changes in the inner structure of capital that has some serious economic and political consequences. Without Lenin's theory of imperialism no one has been able to present an explanation of fascism and will not be able. I hope you don't say we have in Europe, USA democracy.