RE: [OPE] Britain--parasitic and decaying capitalism: A comment

From: GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com>
Date: Wed Dec 30 2009 - 08:26:45 EST

All:

I'm afraid I haven't been following this thread closely - I've had other matters on my mind recently - but I have a suggestions. Since most of the commentators appear to be getting frustrated with the discussion, my suggestion is that you all move away (at least, temporaily) from a discussion of Lenin's theory of imperialism and its possible interpretation and implications, to a discussion which centers around identifying what *facts* related to the contemporary international capitalist system you are in disagreement about. If you can first identify what are the factual disagreements, then you can bring forth historical and empirical evidence in support of your understanding of those "facts".

Dave Z: what *specific* factual claims which David made in his article are you challenging?