We examine a variety of topics, including self-control, goal pursuit, decision making, conscious thought, and moral judgments.
Our experiments address such question as:
- how do one's surroundings influence one's ability to diet or meet other goals?
- what determines the contents of one's thoughts?
- how does energy from food influence one's ability to think and make decisions?
- how does observing others' behaviors affect one's ability to exert self-control?
- how do perceptions of free will and responsibility affect one's willingness to engage in mentally effortful tasks?
Last updated July 25th, 2014