[OPE-L:3143] Re: capitalist mode of production

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 10:04:20 EDT

Fred and Gil,

In regard to Fred's question, note Marx:

"in order to examine the object of our investigation in its integrity,
free from all disturbing subsidiary circumstances, we must treat the whole
world as one nation, and assume that capitalist production is everywhere
established and has possessed itself of every branch of industry" (Vol. 1,
p.545, fn.1).

Luxemburg (1913, p.331-33) points to similar citations in other parts of
Marx's works to remove any doubts concerning what Marx meant. Capitalism
is assumed to have completely occupied the space of theoretical
discussion.

Paul

Paul Zarembka, supporting RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY
******************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka