[OPE-L:3323] Re: Re: Re: Measurement of value

From: Patrick L. Mason (pmason@garnet.acns.fsu.edu)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 17:44:20 EDT

Mike,

Back-of-the-envelop techniques are to be preferred to sophisticated
techniques? Why? Moreover, one person's back-of-the-envelop is another
person's sophisticated technique. Techniques have to be selected on the
basis of their appropriateness for the problem at hand. In any case, the
real empirical issue I-O systems measure of value isn't technique, but the
algorithm for industry aggregation.

peace, patrick