[OPE-L:4043] TheTransformationProblem

From: Rakesh Narpat Bhandari (rakeshb@Stanford.EDU)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 03:14:43 EDT

Re 4028

>Rakesh,
>
>If you criticise HOPE and the JHET on that basis, then it shows you have
>rarely if ever read them. Use that throw-away line for the AER or the EJ if
>you like; most journals in the history of economic thought have somewhat
>less ideologically driven standards. What applies amongst "professional
>economists" does not necessarily apply to subgroups such as those
>interested in the history of economic thought--though there are pockets of
>mediocrity there too.
>
>Home 02 9558-8018 Mobile 0409 716 088
>Home Page: http://bus.macarthur.uws.edu.au/steve-keen/

There are no doubt great pieces in those journals. After all, HOPE
beat both Stigler (1991) and Rosenberg (1994)to the recovery of
Babbage by more than five years, no? And don't think I don't know
that HOPE published Lapides' trans of Grossmann's wage theory. But
now turning to Marx criticism, what do you make of the awful, short,
and superficial  review by Brewer of the excellent Bellofiore
volumes, which could be considered a real event in the current
development of Marxian economics.

All the best, Rakesh