[OPE-L:4047] Re: Re: RE: Re: Re: Re: m in Marx's theory

From: clyder (wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 08:20:12 EDT

Why would the distribution of the log of the organic compositions be
gaussian?

Does not matter if you take industries or firms.

occ = c/v

in log form = log c - log v

if c and v are random variables, log occ is then in the form
of a sum of random variables, and thus will have a Gaussian distribution

Paul Cockshott
paul@cockshott.com