[OPE-L:4247] Re: Re: RE: Interest rates in Japan [re OPE-L:4154]

From: Akira MATSUMOTO (amatsu@ll.ehime-u.ac.jp)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 20:36:18 EDT

Dear Steve,

It was only March /1999 that the Bank of Japan adopted the "Zero interest rate policy" that induced the call rate up to 0 %.

And I think the period of Japanese bubble was 1985-1990 or 1991. Because prices of Japanese real estate had increased until 1991.

Recently I completed an article about the bubble economy for the book edited by Gary Dymski.

bye

Akira

--
#######################################
MATSUMOTO, Akira

Associate Professor on Money and Banking
Department of Comprehensive Policy Making
Faculty of Law & Letters, EHIME University

Matsuyama, Ehime
790-8577,  Japan
Tel:+81-89-927-9237(office)
Fax: +81-89-927-8916