[OPE-L:4962] Re: RE: causes of changes in prices of production

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 08:56:16 EST

I notice that Fred is continuing to put Andrew on the spot (e.g., 4957 and
4958).  But Fred hasn't answered Andrew's 4929 below as far as I can see.
It's a tough question, maybe even unanswerable.  In any case, oughtn't
Fred to try to take a position on this question?  Andrew once asked me the
same question on another topic, and I told him I didn't know the answer
and I still don't; I'm hoping to learn if there a way to answer such a
question.

Unfortunately, the tennis analogy is rather too true.  This dialogue (such
as it is) has taken on the character of a scoring match, particularly when
there are references to "no one has dissented" (4957).  I am here to learn
and contribute as I see occasion, not for "yea, nay, abstain", implicit or
explicit, voting.  Indeed, the loner "against the current" could be the
most correct.

Paul Z.

Paul Zarembka, editor, RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY at
******************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka