[OPE-L:5598] explanatory power

From: Geert REUTEN (reuten@fee.uva.nl)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 15:33:10 EDT

Yes of course there are many LET varieties -- as there are of course also
several VFT varieties. I was of course discussing Fred's (like you).

You are quite right that in order to make progress one should compare
theoretical strands -- but of course this requires prior agreement on the
criteria [cf Nicky 5585]. You are also right that, as far as Makoto Itoh is
concerned, these works should all be taken into account. You will forgive
for not doing that right away. Also, this would require a long article
rather than a brief note. You introduce Makoto (and Costas L.) in the
discussion -- of course I never claimed that in the systematic outline of
VFS (R&W) we reached their details.

In sum, I was merely referring to recent discussions by (and about) Fred's
position. You rightly extent.

Comradely,
Geert

˙WPC