(OPE-L) Rakesh's suggestion

From: Gerald A. Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 13:24:00 EDT

>  I am sure that most of those OPE-L'ers who are thankful or
> moderately thankful for your administration would agree that nine
> years from any one person is enough, that administration should be
> rotated, and that the advisory committee should appoint someone new.

Rakesh:

You are sure, are you?

Why don't we let list members *speak for themselves* without replies
from *either one of us*?  That is, I think you would have to agree that
list members will be more forthcoming in stating their perspectives
if they know that _both_ of us will read what they write without our
responding immediately to what they wrote.  I propose that we _both_
are silent on this question for *one week* while we _listen_ to what others
think.

*** Rakesh has suggested that the Advisory Committee appoint a new
coordinator.  Who agrees with that suggestion?  Why or why not? ***

In solidarity, Jerry