Re: [OPE-L] Marxist Political Economy in Australia Since the Mid 1970s

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 14:38:40 EDT

--On Monday, April 25, 2005 3:49 PM -0300 Francisco Paulo Cipolla
<cipolla@UFPR.BR> wrote in reply to Heinrich:

> The way I understand your point is this: Marx´s analisys is at the same
> time an analysis of what capital is and since what capital is includes
> how it presents itself to the eye, then the analysis of capital must of
> necessity be at the same time an analysis of how its forms of appearance
> constitute the basis for all sorts of mistifications.
> Therefore a positive theory of capitalism cannot but be at the same time a
> critique of political economy.
> If this is what you have suggested in your post I agree completely.
> Paulo

Paulo,

I don't understand Heinrich at all this way.  I understand the introduction
of concepts like production of absolute surplus value, production of
relative surplus value, etc. as Marx's positive contributions to a theory
of capitalism.  I sense that you do also.  However, I don't know what they
are for Heinrich except as used for a critique of political economy.

Paul Z.

RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY,  Paul Zarembka, editor, Elsevier Science
******************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka