Re: [OPE-L] basics vs. non-basics

From: Ian Hunt (ian.hunt@FLINDERS.EDU.AU)
Date: Mon Oct 03 2005 - 22:55:03 EDT

I should add that one of the solutions I had in mind, namely that
sale price could differ from input price, wrt which you point out
Kurz and Salvadori's problem that it would preclude entry to the
'beans' industry, could work if there were separate wholesale and
retail bean markets - but this would involve a significant departure
from Sraffa's assumption of homogenous products under competition,
Ian