Re: [OPE-L] marx's conception of labour

From: Dogan Goecmen (Dogangoecmen@aol.com)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2006 - 10:31:20 EST

In the article I use Lukacs' Ontology. Thank you for indicating  to Carol
Gould's work.

Best
Dogan

In einer eMail vom 16.11.2006 16:26:18 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt
bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU:

It  refers to the projected aims of the concret work to be done. To build a
house it must have been built in our heads and so on.

I found Lukacs' discussion of labour and teleology in The Young Hegel  very
insightful.  Also quite interesting is Carol Gould's attempt to  derive the
basic notions of time (past present future) from the teleological  nature of
labour.  See her book on the Grundrisse.
Sorry can't elaborate. just sharing notes.
Rakesh

Cheers

Dogan

In  einer eMail vom 16.11.2006 15:00:36 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt
Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM:

>  I present first the  general aspects of Marx's concept of labour:
> ontological,  teleological and sociological.

Dogan:

What is the teleological aspect  of Marx's concept of labour?

In solidarity,  Jerry