Re: [OPE-L] Truncating Marx's "Capital"

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Wed Aug 29 2007 - 15:44:42 EDT

> I agree with you that Kliman's book is a serious scientific book.

Fred:

What "science" are you referring to - the "science" of "hermeneutics"?

It certainly can't be the science of dynamics because there's hardly any
dynamic theory in his book.

> I would say it is one of the most important book in Marxian theory in
> recent years.

If true, that would be one of the most damning statements ever made about
the current state of Marxian theory!  (Anders: before you get in a huff
and a puff, read what Mike L wrote.  I'm by no means the only person with
this criticism.)

He has not advanced Marxian theory one iota, in my opinion. Ironically,
Kliman could be be said to fall under the category of

"today's epigones who try to truncate Marx's Capital" (Raya Dunayevskaya).

This is evidenced in many ways, including his assumption of V = 0.

In solidarity, Jerry