Re: [OPE-L] GPM, "Critica al neomarxista Samir Amin"

From: Tony Tinker (Tony_Tinker@BARUCH.CUNY.EDU)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2007 - 10:14:47 EST

Greetings Jerry (et al),

Nice to see you at Bertell's Marxist Colloquium Jerry.  I am attaching information regarding our 2008 Critical Perspectives Conference on Accounting Conference.  There are four events in one; and what might be of particular interest to "the list" is the European Critical Accounting Symposium (ECAS) scheduled for Thursday April 24, 2008, all day.  We typically have good labor process people from the UK, Europe (the UK isn't really part of Europe -- it just joined the EU to destroy it) and the U.S. (Stanley Oronowitz and Randy Martin have both spoken at previous ECAS meetings).  The remainder of the CPA meeting may be of interest, as we in accounting are alway looking for our (next) historical moment for the next a surgical strike (from Enron to Subprime).

On the "Neo": I was about to suggest that Marxists shouldn't be too attached to names, however, a few years ago, Mandel stayed with me years ago during a visit to the then New York Marxist School.  This was later rebranded as the Brech Forum -- to my disgust. I guess there is something to a name worth defending. I've always thought that "neo" was a positive attribution (but I really depends on whose mouth it comes out of).

Tony Tinker
Baruch College at the City University of New York
Box B12:225
Co-Editor: Critical Perspectives on Accounting
Co-Editor: The Accounting Forum
Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
One Bernard Baruch Way
New York, NY 10010-5585
USA
Tel: 646 312 3175