RE: [OPE] The Science of 9/11

From: GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com>
Date: Wed Apr 22 2009 - 07:56:32 EDT

> How about, for instance, the Al-Jazeera transcript of bin Ladin's
> speech of 2004 in which he took responsibility for the attacks?
> That's an NSA fake-up too?

Hi Allin:

OF COURSE he took credit for 9/11. I'm sure you're aware for
almost every high profile criminal case there are attention
seekers who falsely claim responsibility for a crime. But,
note that he didn't provide any information in his statement
or afterwards that would lend credibility to his assertion
(e.g. by providing information about the event that were
unknown to the public or the criminal authorities). And, surely,
you must recognize that from his perspective, taking responsibility
for 9/11 increased the prestige of al-Qaeda and helped in their
recruitment drives. It's not accidental, After all, that images
of the WTC falling featured prominently in al-Qaeda recruitment
videos.