[OPE] FWD: Important review of Kautskyism Past and Present

From: Paul Cockshott <wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Wed Aug 11 2010 - 09:50:58 EDT

--- original message ---
From: "Paul Cockshott" <wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: [OPE] Important review of Kautskyism Past and Present
Date: 11th August 2010
Time: 2:42:40 pm

I was not intending to be provocative. The point about Lars Lih and Mike Mcnair is that they explicitly defnd Kautsky and point to the considerable are of overlap between Kautsky and Lenin. Basically they are saying that there is no significant difference between Kautskyism and Leninism till after 1917. My own view is that whilst a clear reassertion of classical social democracy might be an improvement on the views of the CPs in the 50s onwards, it is far from adequate today, hence the critiques of them that I have published.
However if you are dealing with a doctrine in a critical fashion surely it is better for you to argue with people who explicitly endorse the doctrine.