[OPE-L:2958] Re: Re: Re: Re: Need 1 and Luxemburg's *Accumulation ofCapital*

From: Andrew_Kliman (Andrew_Kliman@email.msn.com)
Date: Sat Apr 29 2000 - 22:00:13 EDT

A reply to OPE-L 2948:

Riccardo: "P.S. Andrew, do you have some short and clear answer why what
triumphed after the death of Marx was a continued series of
misrepresantions of his value and accmumulation and crisis theory?"

I think this overstates the case to some degree. For instance, it is
only since the 1970s that physicalism/simultaneism can be said to have
triumphed.

To the extent that what you're saying is true, my answer is:

(a) The misrepresentations help reinforce capitalist class rule. (I
realize functional explanations are insufficient, but I'm keeping this
short, as you requested.)

(b) Misrepresentations aren't recognized, acknowledged, and repudiated,
because interpretations aren't tested empirically against the whole of
Marx's work.

Andrew Kliman